Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Silent Wife

I had to break up my non-fiction streak with some crazy chick-lit. I found some book list on Pinterest that recommended this. It also had a list of other goodies that I will have to resort to checking out hardcopy from my Back Mountain library.

The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison

Genre: Fiction, suspense
Publication Date: June 2013
Setting: Chicago, present day

A "thriller" told from the perspectives of man and wife. Man is a womanizing entrepreneur and wife is a dull, albeit intelligent, home psychologist. Man has affair (well he has many, but this last one causes him trouble), and woman gets pissed. Neither character shows much affection to anyone, which makes empathizing with either character impossible.

Finished reading: Saturday, August 1, 2015

DD's rating: C-
I would not call this a thriller nor would I call it suspense... Both narrators are incredibly monotone and display no emotion besides some frustration. The Silent Wife is better than The Girl on the Train but not as good as Gone Girl. Hard to write review because I just didn't care very much about the book, although it was an easy read.

Next read: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

No comments:

Post a Comment